OFF - Research at University of Jena

Antworten
andrefmalves

OFF - Research at University of Jena

Beitrag von andrefmalves »

Hello guys,

i'm a PhD student from Brazil and at this moment there is an opportunity for me to conclude my research in Germany. My research is regarding biomass gasification applied to electricity generation. In the recent past, Luk told me that the Robert Boyle Institut was preparing a research about the drizzler.

So, recently, i've talked with people of the Robert Boyle Institut about a project of 50 kW of power generation based on drizzler method. They demonstrated interest to develop it. We already have made some steps. However, at this moment we are discussing the funding limits for this project. I don't know exactly how much it will cost in Germany, because it's too differently from Brazil.

Can anyone help me with that? How much is an used 50 kW generator set? it's easy to find? My project consist in: an gasifier, cyclone, dry filters, condenser, blower and engine+alternator. I'm work on sizing all parts, right now. Anyone know or would estimate how much it will cost? Considering all possibilities of drop the cost. I've estimated, converting Brazil prices. I reached 11.000,00 euros. It's too much?

Thank you.
luk
Site Admin
Re: OFF - Research at University of Jena

Beitrag von luk »

Andre,

Our short cooperation with the Boyle institute ended rather negative. At first it looked all very promising. The meetings we had with them and the work they showed us, gave the impression they played a very important role in the biomass gasification world. We where particulary intrested in the ties they claimed to have with the university of Jena so we thought at last we will gain acces to a university research laboratorium. This is a long dream of us to get some proffesional chemists with expensive equipment looking into the contenance and quality of the" DriZzleR gas".

But it seems that the boyle institute is only moving on governement grants. No Grants no intrests.
The 50 KW gasifier they want you to develop for them is part of a closed loop gasificatins for one of their comercial clientsby. I sended them a proposition of a solution by mail.. Nothing came out of it. Partly because I can only gues they need the knowledge for this client that received governement money and that compagny does not seem to arrive at the set goal. We wanted a secrecy agreement before we even start working on the solution in order not to give our knowledge to people that will make money behind our back at our expenses.
Now it looks to me as they hope to get the needed knowledge trough you and bypassing us.

11000 Euro's is reasonable if you use scrap yard materials and engines. It is peanuts if you need proffesional reliable elements, but probably they only need you for making the proof of concept for after your back upscaling it to a comercial product.

Luk
andrefmalves

Beitrag von andrefmalves »

Luk, thank you for response and explanations.

I didn't knew it. I'm sorry. I'll take my proposal off.

Luk, there is another way to contact you? Can you send me your or Pascal e-mail? I've tried talk to you and Pascal at the beginning, but i didn't had success. Thank you.
luk
Site Admin

Beitrag von luk »

Andre,

Yes, you can reach us through the p.m. (private mail) possibility of this forum. If it is of general intrest then we like it be a post for everybody.

Greetings

Luk
Antworten

Zurück zu „Off Topic“