Tempomat via SRS (as fallback option)

PLC, electronics, engine controls, Wood gasifier controls...
SPS, Elektronik, Motorsteuerungen, Holzvergasersteuerung...
mCHPjr.

Tempomat via SRS (as fallback option)

Beitrag von mCHPjr. »

Luk & Pascal & Daniel, your's system is indeed a marvel of hi-tech, digital pressure sensors, PLCs etc. all masterfully integrated. I'm wondering how would you evaluate this "lowtech" system using SRS - solidstate relays for
generator "tempomat" function. I'm mentioning it as perhaps fallback/resiliency option though.
These SRS have been used quite reliably in DIY land, e.g. EV battery charging etc.

Thanks

ps congrats great job on the actual DríZzleR ver 1.0L

SRS for generator tempomat video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp1uhBJLWUE
Pascal Kirchner
Site Admin
Re: Tempomat via SRS (as fallback option)

Beitrag von Pascal Kirchner »

Hi mCHPjr.
Luk & Pascal & Daniel, your's system is indeed a marvel of hi-tech, digital pressure sensors, PLCs etc. all masterfully integrated. I'm wondering how would you evaluate this "lowtech" system using SRS - solidstate relays for
generator "tempomat" function. I'm mentioning it as perhaps fallback/resiliency option though.
These SRS have been used quite reliably in DIY land, e.g. EV battery charging etc.

Thanks

ps congrats great job on the actual DríZzleR ver 1.0L
The answer is quite simple. We don't need to control the rpm. Our system is running grid tied.
The engine is running on the output power you desire. Once adjusted and you don't need to switch it.

If I would use a generator in island mode, I would choose an synchronous generator with an avr installed. To control the engine rpm I would use a normal crusing control.

Regards Pascal
mCHPjr.

Beitrag von mCHPjr. »

Thanks for the prompt answer, if you look into that link, in their case running 3phase and bigger kW generator-gasifier outputs the price of commercial AVRs would be perhaps too much, so that's why that experiment with the simple array of SRS. Btw. is Luk also aiming at only single phase in the long run?
Pascal Kirchner
Site Admin

Hi mCHPjr.
Thanks for the prompt answer, if you look into that link, in their case running 3phase and bigger kW generator-gasifier outputs the price of commercial AVRs would be perhaps too much, so that's why that experiment with the simple array of SRS. Btw. is Luk also aiming at only single phase in the long run?
Sure also bigger offgrid installations are more economically even with an synchron generator also in 3 phase mode. You get them very cheap 8kW single or 3 phase for 529€ brand new including shipping with an AVR installed ready to run.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Stromerzeuger-oh ... xyeglTXl0T

You get also up to 20kW which cost even more.

I don´t think it would be easier to run an offgrid installation.

regards Pascal
mCHPjr.

Beitrag von mCHPjr. »

I tend to look at the offgrid system as an option or alternative to decide, not necessarily easier system to install at all (previous comment about simple/easy-ier was meant only for the subsystem based on SRS instead of cheap Chinese AVRs)..

Also if DIY cogen units/gasifiers start to appear in not too distant future, the grid operators won't be happy (demand licensing of hardware), I guess the buyback of electricity now must be of somehow semi-legal status, how did you apply for it, PV solar installed first and connected to the grid, and gasifier sort of piggybacked on to that two-way enabled grid connection?
Pascal Kirchner
Site Admin

Hi mCHPjr.
I tend to look at the offgrid system as an option or alternative to decide, not necessarily easier system to install at all (previous comment about simple/easy-ier was meant only for the subsystem based on SRS instead of cheap Chinese AVRs)..

Also if DIY cogen units/gasifiers start to appear in not too distant future, the grid operators won't be happy (demand licensing of hardware), I guess the buyback of electricity now must be of somehow semi-legal status, how did you apply for it, PV solar installed first and connected to the grid, and gasifier sort of piggybacked on to that two-way enabled grid connection?
The problem is the island operation is always the same. The generator should never work only at idle. The efficiency is extremely deteriorated. So a battery storage with an inverter must be installed next to the generator. The best solution is a DC generator to charge the battery.
Or a synchronous generator which loads the battery and at the same time supplies the house. But even then, you will not pass by solar cells.
If you have installed a solar energy system and feeds the power from the CHP on the contract you commit a criminal act. Solar power is always different remunerated as CHP electricity. So it is definitely in Germany. You need 2 contracts with 2 electric meters to feed.

regards Pascal
mCHPjr.

Beitrag von mCHPjr. »

Yes, different contracts for PV/wind/heat pump/.. that's what I meant.
I'm just still surprised that the distributor allows to connect a DIY generator.

But in terms of inefficiencies in the off grid system, it depends on many factors, for instance sometimes asking for new grid connection at semi/remote location of several hundred meters or even km distance would be quite cost prohibitive, also excess electricity production could be dumped into load like large home heat storage tanks, aircon etc.
mCHPjr.

Beitrag von mCHPjr. »

As you probably know there is currently ongoing global race for battery storage bellow today's ~EUR 400,- per kWh (already good-proven performance but still a bit luxury), but there are new projects and big investments for large robotic factories in 3D lithium cells for "street price" as low as ~ EUR 200,- kWh, perhaps attacking 100,- barrier after reaching higher mass production volume, say in a decade. At that point such a sub 10/20kWh home storage system would be more affordable and good gasifier companion, especially for less sunny/low insulation regions.
mCHPjr.

Beitrag von mCHPjr. »

Here is seemingly unrelated example about off grid/island genset system, but there are some advantages as well..
It's a boat system - island system, with modern ~12kWh lithium battery, belt driven Bosch style alternators with Mastervolt charge control/setting display via PC and compatible with other boat network bus control/display systems..

Obviously the overall efficiency in comparison to generator setups on this forum is lower, on the other hand as advantage this is very compact readily made system of available parts, re-using some industry standard control components, so it could be useful for some specific applications of gasifiers, perhaps portable/compact ones or just an example how these island systems matured in recent years.

http://baatplassen.no/i/topic/115400-pr ... A5t/page-7
Pascal Kirchner
Site Admin

Hi mCHPjr.
Only lead-acid batteries are the true only for home energy systems. Everything else busting the frame. They are low and stable for years if they are broken, you have a value. Namely lead value the pure scrap. Also not allowed to compare marine applications or electric cars. These systems must selectively reduce the weight and be compact. In a home storage battery size and the weight does not matter.

regards Pascal
Antworten

Zurück zu „engine and gasifier control - Motor- und Vergasersteuerung“