My wood gas story :)

Here you can post your project.
Hier kannst du dein Projekt präsentieren.
Antworten
MarkoKoritnik

My wood gas story :)

Beitrag von MarkoKoritnik »

Hello evryone.

I'm also working with wood gas for 4-5 years. I made imbert, gek, fema, and some other gasifiers. I also made a lot of filters.
water scrubbers, cyclons, bag filters.......

gek gasifier with fiat motor

filter

I need a gasifier wich has some tar but no grate problem? all gasifiers ar not ok.

Luk maybe you can help me how big drizzler gasifier must be for 50kw electric? (gateless)
luk
Site Admin
Re: My wood gas story :)

Beitrag von luk »

Hallo Marko,

Welcome to the DriZzleR Forum,

I have only experience with a gasifier that is connected toe a VW 1,4 litres engine. This produces far more than I need. The hearth I use for that is 95 to-120 mm. In a DriZzleR the hearth is the same diameter as the fuel fall tube or DriZzleR tube. However due to the use of my pyrotouch a small DriZzler tube is not convieniant so I took a slightly bigger fall tube in size 150mm and narrowed it right above the "Vice" wich I use as a supstitute to a grate. Since this vice is expensive some people are experimenting with normal augers but so far I have not seen good results, therefor I started experiments myself with cheaper options but as a rule I only post something only after having minimum 50 hours continious running. You know every gasifier will do fine for 4 to 6 hours but after that the problems begin.

For the grateless design principles see in this forum my posts and video about that. From there you can learn enough to start experimenting yourself. Do not forget to post also your experiences regulary. That is what this forum is all about, to learn from each other.

To answer your question about the 50 Kw. I bought a big army surplus generator wich has an enourmous engine. I will try to run it once for fun. For that I recently did some calculations on bigger engines and I suggest you will need a DriZzleR tube for 50Kw, (fuel Fall tube), around 200 to 260 mm. Best is monitoring your gas temperature right on the spot where it leaves the reduction. Ideal it should read there 400 to 500 Celcius.

Hope this helped and hope to see some of your work soon.

Luk
Pascal Kirchner
Site Admin

Beitrag von Pascal Kirchner »

Hi Marko
I need a gasifier wich has some tar but no grate problem? all gasifiers ar not ok.
How did you get your tar out of the gas ?

regards Pascal
MarkoKoritnik

Filter is separating tar to 99,8%. That information is in a handbook from 1960.
luk
Site Admin

Beitrag von luk »

Marko,

Wich filter do you mean? what publication?
I see in your video*s you are using both a water scrubber and an electrofilter. I can imaging the waterscrubber you use to condensate the leftover tar to solid particles so that you then can dispose together with the blackwater.
Are you after that first filterstage still using The elctrofilter?
Do you use both filters or do you use only one now, and wich?
Where are you from. Tchech? Slowenia? Kroatia?

Luk
MarkoKoritnik

I'm only using electrostatic filter. it is working ok but the problem is high voltage.

i'm form Slovenija.
Pascal Kirchner
Site Admin

Beitrag von Pascal Kirchner »

Hi Marko

The first video you postet cannot be opened in germany cause you are using copyright music. :crazy:
maybe it´s alice cooper with his song poison which is copyrighted ;)

I see a shaking motor conected on the gek. I did not know that they need such a thing ?
I'm only using electrostatic filter. it is working ok but the problem is high voltage.
How did your electrostatic filter catches the tar´s ? Did you running the system completely without a cyclone ?
Why is the high voltage a Problem ? If it´s safe there is no problem ;) :Strom:

How much of these blackwater you produce in a one hour runtime ? It´s looks like the glass under the filter is really quick full of water ?

questions over questions :crazy:

but a very nice system you have there :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

regards Pascal
Antworten

Zurück zu „Your project! - Dein Projekt!“