my gazifier is vibrating

Here you can post your project.
Hier kannst du dein Projekt präsentieren.
Antworten
gabi

my gazifier is vibrating

Beitrag von gabi »

Hi
I have built a gasifier from a 200 l barel but when I light it is vibrating a lot . Can you help me with some advice please, and also how big the fan to use ?
Thank you
Gabi
Pascal Kirchner
Site Admin
Re: my gazifier is vibrating

Beitrag von Pascal Kirchner »

Hey Gabi
please posts some pictures of your gasifier.
i think it would be easier to say something about it. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :thumbup:

regards Pascal
TreeHugger

Beitrag von TreeHugger »

take shelter .... lol :) :)
Islander

Beitrag von Islander »

gabi hat geschrieben: it is vibrating a lot .
Maybe it is frightened :?: :lol:
Jumper

Beitrag von Jumper »

Welcome Gabi :-)
there could be a lot of reasons for that. I dont know which fan you use might this is the reason for your viration.
But I think it could be something much more dangerous ! If your gasifier is not seald it could be a lot of smal explosions. I had something similare and it is a really strange feeling. Please search for smal wholes!
TreeHugger

Beitrag von TreeHugger »

it's most likely an air leak, which causes sucking in air at a resonance frequency of the gasifier. Clearly DON'T operate it until you have found the leak !!
luk
Site Admin

Beitrag von luk »

Gabi,

Good you found the way to our forum. Be welcome. As you read in the answers most likely you have a leak. Either on welding seams either through the snapring around your lid. (If you are using such a lid seal).
If you have leaktested your barrel and you have no lidseal leak, so from those side everything seems ok then I can only think your gasifier is strangled say your gasifier is working on the starving limit or the gas has to fight itself through a big amount of charcoal dust. You can observe that by a flare that is burning inside the flaremouth making a virulent howeling noice and the tip of the flare is clear blue, has a point shape and pulses with a horrible frequency and speed.
I sometimes observed this phnomene if I stopped feeding fuel and let the gasifier burn out while still sucking on it.

Luk
Antworten

Zurück zu „Your project! - Dein Projekt!“