Engine parameters!

Engines running with woodgas. Proven and also concept engines.
Motoren die mit Holzgas betrieben werden - Erfolgreiche Umsetzungen als auch Konzepte.
Antworten
andrefmalves

Engine parameters!

Beitrag von andrefmalves »

Hello from Brazil!
My name is André and i'm working on gasifiers. I saw some discussions about engine parameters on this forum. I have worked in engines adaptations (converting ICO to ICE) for better operation with woodgas. Indeed, we can use engine with "high" compression ratio, something like 16:1, 17:1, even more than that. Also, for optimum results, we must have one eye on ignition timing, as we can see in figures below.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Engine:
1800 RPM / 36 KVA / Naturally aspirated engine / 4 cylinder

Gasifier:

IISc gasifier / Open top / 80 kWt / 20 kWe /
luk
Site Admin
Re: Engine parameters!

Beitrag von luk »

Hello Andre,

Welcome, Thank you for posting but for some reason I can not open your images. Do other members have the same problem or is it me?

Luk
Johan

Beitrag von Johan »

Hello
We cant see the photos...
andrefmalves

Bild

Bild

Bild
luk
Site Admin

Beitrag von luk »

Andre,

Thanks for reposting. Now we see the pictures. You mentioned the IISC gasifier. I have heared about this Indian open top. I know as many Indian gasifier they use water scrubbers to clean the gas. How doe you cope with the blackwater problem. Have you tried other means of filtering. As standart the fuel are ricee husk. Did you tried woodchips or pellets?

Many questions but I am curious to hear about this gasifierfrom a user out of first hand.

thenks in advance

Luk
andrefmalves

Hi Luk. Congrats for the Drizzler.
About blackwater, we must exchange 10000 L of water every 100-200 hours, depending of the biomass type that we are using. We never try anything new with filtration, it's all original, but we are working on it. The filtration system consists of: 2 venturi scrubber with water at ambiente temperature (28-33 °C) ; 1 venturi scrubber with water at 5° C; cyclone and a house of fabric filter. Despite this enormeus effort with filtration and cleaning, it's not enough for engine application. We have to Drizzler it xD. Follow some images:

Gasifier: Reactor diameter 36 cm ; Restriction 20 cm ; Reactor height 1,55 m ; 3 noses air entrace ; open top ; 20 kWe ; Reactor is made by refractory bricks

Bild

Very tar gas. Heavy tar

Bild

Biomass. We never used rice husk, only that type on the picture and coconut husk. Wood gas from coconut husk is very very very heavy tar and powerfull

Bild
Antworten

Zurück zu „Engines, Generators, CHP´s - Motoren, Generatoren, BHKW´s“