ICE versus OCR

Engines running with woodgas. Proven and also concept engines.
Motoren die mit Holzgas betrieben werden - Erfolgreiche Umsetzungen als auch Konzepte.
Antworten
luk
Site Admin
ICE versus OCR

Beitrag von luk »

An ICE (internal combustion engine) normal car engine F.i. has much more efficiency, but the nice thing about the ORC (Organic rankine cycle) machine is that it can run on heat only, thus eliminating all the troubles to procuce engine grade gas. No cooling, no condensing the moisture out, no filtering needed, no cyclone. On top of that an OCR runs endles and in closed loop without oil changes or other service stops or regulary every year replacement of the small worn out ICE engine.
A rudimentary automated DriZzleR and a “flare to Organic liqued, heat exchanger” and off you go. The amount of electricity produced is modest and so is the amout of hot water. Both are better in balance, contrary to an ICE system where one has a problem what to do with the overshoot of produced hot water in summer.
About the dangers of a turbine and the big scale it only can be done I have seeing some small home size 1 Kw ORC machines wich where operated by a Scroll expander from Air Square, or a Tesla turbine or a mini turbine from infinity turbine: All seemed to me not so dificult to controle.
But from experts and others who have might experimented with low boiling point steam systems , more comments and informations are always welcome.

Luk
Antworten

Zurück zu „Engines, Generators, CHP´s - Motoren, Generatoren, BHKW´s“