CO2 AS FUEL IN AN LOOP DEVICE

the right place for all other types of Gasifiers. woodgasifer, charcoal gasifiers, imbert, and all other designs.
der richtige Platz für alle anderen Vergaser. Holzvergaser, Holzkohlevergaser, Imbert, andere Designs.
alenergy

CO2 AS FUEL IN AN LOOP DEVICE

Beitrag von alenergy »

Hello,
I'm an italian engineer specialized in renewable energy. I have some experience in biomass and plasma ionization.
We are born in combustion era and our mind is conditioned from that and we forget what we are. Our human body "burns" oxygen releasing carbon dioxide.
From that condition my mind has suggested me an new scenario. Instead to use biomass or charcoal and send the exaust gas into the atmosphere convert and burn the CO2 into an LOOP DEVICE. Ok.. Probably now you are thinking that I'm crazy but isn't so. CO2 is stable molecule but can be dissociated into CO and O2 without use an high amount of dissociation energy and... if it were possible not to use electricity as dissociation energy then it would be interesting. CO2 converted into CO and O2 and burned immediately returning back to initial condition again and again in the time. This can be only a dream or can be transformed in reality?? I will think that is possible and you??
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Pascal Kirchner
Site Admin
Re: CO2 AS FUEL IN AN LOOP DEVICE

Beitrag von Pascal Kirchner »

hi marco and welcome to the forum :ddaumen:

An interesting thought. However, I believe that more energy is required to convert the CO2 into O2 and CO.

And that could bring the project to fail.

An perpetual motion machine would be a nice thing :crazy:

Have you ever experimented with it?

regards Pascal
alenergy

Beitrag von alenergy »

Hello Pascal,
You are asking about perpetual motion machine.. that is a little bit different. We are talking of molecules not of mechanical parts in motion. The concept is simple.. you need an starter for the initial cycle but after is sufficient the heat generated by the flame and the specific design of reactor mantain the reaction in the time.. of course normally CO2 dissociation start from 1730°C .. But I have found casually another method that make CO2 dissociation starting from 97°C. As starter you can use heat generated in all forms. I'm working on new type of combustion from two years.. the combustion that we know is just the first stage. I have build special wood pellet stove air-water of 20Kw that use advanced drizzler gasifier-burner. The wood pellet consumption is 1/3 respect an similar old wood pellet stove and don't produce ash ( no need to clean). The flame-s is blue completely.. no hydrocarbons are used inside like propane, methane, etc.. only few grams of wood pellet..we are talking of ionized energetic flame.. we are talking of true tecnology not of an fake.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Pascal Kirchner
Site Admin

Beitrag von Pascal Kirchner »

Hi Marco.

very nice looking system :thumbup:

Then, the system does not need a chimney. How many kilos pellets you need for a heat output of 20kW?

Can you describe your method of converting the CO2 into O2 and CO at 97°C?

regards Pascal
luk
Site Admin

Beitrag von luk »

Marco,

Welcome to the forum. Intresting exeriment. The information you give is a little bit limited to grasp the complete proces. It reminded me on a test I once dit in 2010 in anattempt to make a pellet burner for a boiler where I introduced pure oxigen at the front of the burner. It gave a hot jumping pure blue flame with low introducing oxigen, a torch flame by much oxigen. Very little pellets consumption was needed and high temperature output was the result.
My test went as followed.I had a tube burner laying horizontal with at the tail a small chamber with a manual auger to push pellets in the burn chamber. Under it a blower pipe to blow air in with positive presure. You can see it in following image on the back. With a valve I could direct some air from the blower to the front as secondary air to combust and heat the tip of the burner.
brander,prototyp,draaier andre 2010-02-03_ 15-24-21 026.jpg
When the tip of the burner was red hot I closed the air valve and opened a second valve witch sprayed pure OXIGEN through a ring with openings at the tip of the burner. In the picture below, you see the burner tip.
brander,prototyp,draaier andre 2010-02-02_ 15-01-50 021.jpg
I stopped the tests because I got afraid of the explosion danger by working with pure Oxigen and also did not found apropriate materials that could handle the intense heat of the burning Oxigen.

Maybe your system is completely different but I wonder if you maybe uses Oxigen as a starter to get your loop cycle going.

Luk
Jumper

Beitrag von Jumper »

Hi,
nice idea ... sure but it doesn't work, sorry.
For the first you have the law of energy conversation, that means that you will never be able to run such a loop with energy output.
I also have a question:
CO2 ... means 1 C and 1 O2
CO2 --> CO + O2 ???? 1C 1O and 1O2 ... where does the oxigen comes from?
alenergy

Beitrag von alenergy »

We are talking of simple chemistry ----> 2CO+O2= 2CO2 and is an reverse reaction 2CO2=2CO+O2
alenergy

Beitrag von alenergy »

HI Luk.. please attention using pure oxygen in yours experiment.. :Flame:
However for understand better how work the combustion.. when you burn an piece of wood or wood pellets you produce an dirty flame.. inside of that there are present some others components (tar, creosote, co2, steam, etc..). In fact the flame that we know is just the first stage.. after for process completely all components presents inside the flame that can't burn you need an second stage. Starting from here I have make some experiments in different directions and casually two years ago I have found an strange reaction that you can see on photos. I have found method for obtain an "ionized energetic flame" completely different respect to an standard flame. In fact I extract completely all energy from biomass reducing that to charcoal. For example my new wood pellet stove consume to the max power only 1.2Kg of wood pellet per hour.
Zuletzt geändert von alenergy am 10.02.2015 17:27, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
alenergy

Beitrag von alenergy »

This is simple CO reactor and torch using 500W microwave oven that use an carbon tube and oxygen source only.
The chemical reaction is... C+O2=2CO - 2CO+O2=2CO2 (REVERSE FORMULA). http://youtu.be/NA_kfIWIbjk

This means that starting from CO2 is possible obtain CO + O2
luk
Site Admin

Beitrag von luk »

Marco,

If I understand well. You gas pellets by microwaving them. Then you light that gas and the flame produces enough heat to optain 20 KW hot (water?) (Air?.) on 1.2kg pellets per hour.
Or Is my gues totaly wrong.

Does you system have to remain open, or can you produce your gas in a closed system to tap it off and lead it in a combution engine for making a small cogenerating unit.
Well I like your unusual eperimenting.

One thing. Is the pellet stove a product of your own, or just a standard one that you converted to your experiments.

Luk
Antworten

Zurück zu „Other gasifiers - Andere Vergaser“