Water to Fuel with the OpenFire

the right place for all other types of Gasifiers. woodgasifer, charcoal gasifiers, imbert, and all other designs.
der richtige Platz für alle anderen Vergaser. Holzvergaser, Holzkohlevergaser, Imbert, andere Designs.
Pascal Kirchner
Site Admin
Re: Water to Fuel with the OpenFire

Beitrag von Pascal Kirchner »

Hey Troy
What I really like about charcoal is the MASSIVE surface for cracking steam, tar, etc. If we can figure out a way to get the volume of charcoal that we do in our unit, with a DriZzleR, then we have something special.
what do you think is the secret of the DriZzleR? What do you think is the secret for good gas ?
You can increase the DriZzleR to 1m. If the suction force of the motor is correct. With a big engine there would be no problem with such a beast gasifier :thumbup: . There are no size limitations like in Imbert styles where the nozzle must reach the center of the process to generate high temperatures. I´ve never seen an Imbert at these Dimensions.

The DriZzleR working like a charcoal gasifier. You don´t need to add steam inside. The water is automatically in the wood and free of lime. And forms also the good gas in the process.
The Secret is the charcaol bed which forms automatically under the "Flaming Pyrolysis". The wood in the "FP" forms very fast directly to charcoal. very high temperatures, very good gas.

regards Pascal
TroyMartz

Beitrag von TroyMartz »

Luk & Pascal,

Is the DriZzleR better at cracking tar than an imbert? Or about the same?

Also, do either of you have any ideas on how to get 100% tar-free gas before it even gets to filtration? Or is that impossible? I'm just trying to think of some modified system in which there is perhaps a secondary burn, or something like that. Of course, being able to use all the wood gas from the wood would be great, and I'm trying to visualize a system that could be tar-free. Am I dreaming? :)

Thanks!

Troy
"I am still learning" -- Michelangelo
Pascal Kirchner
Site Admin

Beitrag von Pascal Kirchner »

Troy you don´t ask something like this if you have ever build an imbert and! a DriZzleR. :D :D :D

First of all i think every gasifier produces more or less tar. Even Charcoal Gasifiers producing a little among.
Tar is good for getting more BTU, but it´s hurts even the engine.

I will tell you something about my DriZzleR.
All my pipes also the unfiltered ones are free of everything. Nothing inside only dust after over 500 hours of running.
I talked to 2 different chemical doctors about my gas quality. I can only see the quality in the flame i was thinking.
The unfiltered and also my filtered flare contents the same gas. No chemical reaction going on in the filter. The only thing the filter catches is charcoal dust.

here you see my unfiltered and also my filtered flare.
http://forum.thedrizzler.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=125

Most of the better Imbert Systems use something like second stage gasification.
But second stage gasification costs efficence to get better gas quality!

my first build and also my second build where imbert style gasifiers. you can run them with good gas. but never so clear like the DriZzleR´s i build.

Don´t be a dreamer. Build a DriZzleR! and see whats going on. :D
and maybe you find what you are looking for. I found it in the :DG

regards Pascal
luk
Site Admin

Beitrag von luk »

Troy,

I do not know about how an Imbert works. I never build one because from the very beginning it was clear to me that I needed an open top gasifier for easy feeding while continious running.
What I do think about this second stage gasifiecation is that in a DriZzleR lots of the evolving tar's are burned in tha flaming pyrolise zone so it gives more or less the same result. Second every gasifier build should, no matter what kind it be must be adapted to the pull of the engine so it runs at hot as possible. And third your oxidation should not shatter in all directions. The imbert fixes the oxidation around the nozzles =hot ball of fire. The DriZzler fixes the oxidation right above the reduction =hot plate of fire. The tar making FEMA let wander off the oxidation and has no means of controlling her whatsoever=full hopper all in cold fire.
So here your simple rules to make your dream come through.
Heat, heat, heat and a balled trapped concentrated on a one point small but very hot oxidation.
alenergy

Beitrag von alenergy »

The water can't be burned normally and that appear only when is transformed into hydrogen, red charcoal reduction reaction is very old tecnique dated 1800 consuming a lot of energy. The future method is use the water ionization because is the only way for produce pure syngas with the CO or CO2 generated from the gasifier,
Antworten

Zurück zu „Other gasifiers - Andere Vergaser“