Ungereinigtes Holzgas direkt in den Motor ?

Hotfilters, electronic filters, scrubbers, woodchipsfilters, hayfilters, active coal filters,....
Heißgasfilter, Elektrofilter, Gaswäscher, Hackschnitzelfilter, Heufilter, Aktivkohlefilter,.....
Johan

Re: Ungereinigtes Holzgas direkt in den Motor ?

Beitrag von Johan »

Hi Pascal
I think coal dust in gas is not problem to engine , charcoal dust is amorphous not crystal structure and is not abrasive to engine parts ,except when using stock with high silica content for the pellet manufacturing like straw or etc.
I think stronger diesel engine from some tractor or similar converted to spark ignition will eat this gas without problem :Tee:

Regards Johan
Pascal Kirchner
Site Admin

Beitrag von Pascal Kirchner »

hi Johan
I have made some tests with the unfiltered gas.
I've connected between the engine and the gascooler a car air filter.
This turns itself gray after about an hour.
No deposits of black particles visible. :thumbup:
The filter is also after 5 hours long time test well drained.

Now I wanted to make a long-term test to see the filter gets clogged up.

It remains exciting. :DG

regards
Pascal
Johan

Beitrag von Johan »

Hi Pascal

Like the test :thumbup: , running on pellets or chips?
I see lots of water vapor , what is the fuel moisture content?

Regards
Johan
Pascal Kirchner
Site Admin

Beitrag von Pascal Kirchner »

Hi Johan
running on pellets or chips?
I test only with pellets. So I can be sure that the results are not changed by different wood qualities.
I see lots of water vapor , what is the fuel moisture content?
Currently it rains every day. :crazy: :(

The humidity is so high that I always have condensations inside the gas. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

regards Pascal
Kevin Chisholm

Beitrag von Kevin Chisholm »

Concerning measuring condensate/tar/ash in the woodgas, would it be practical to shine a laser pointer through the woodgas, with a suitable photocell say 1 meter away, and measure the intensity of the light received after passing through the gas?

Concerning the appearance of condensate on the glass tube, condensate will only appear on the glass when the temperature of the glass is at, or below, the dewpoint temperature of the gas.When you start up, the glass tube is cold, and the reaction zone is cold. When the reaction zone is up to temperature, there may be a better C + H2O --> CO + H2 taking place, and the glass tube may have warmed up above the gas dewpoint.

Concerning whether a filter is needed or not, I would think that you would need to run tests with a filter on the "cleaned gas", and confirm whether or not excessive tar or ash is getting past your gas cleaning system. Obviously there can be tar and ash at start-up, but this gas is flared. The real issue is whether gas that is burning cleanly in the flare is low enough in tar and ash content that a filter is not necessary. To prove or disprove this would require an "on line filtering test", where "apparently clean gas" was sent to a filter system, so that tar and ash would be captured and weighed. Knowing the gas volume that flowed through the filter, and the weight of ash + tar captured, one could then be in a better position to judge whether a filter is necessary or not. One way to do this would be to build a "filter box", where a piece of filter paper could be inserted into teh gas stream for a known time, then removed. The "dirty filter paper would be dried and weighed, and teh change in paper weight would represent the weight of tar + ash captured. One could probably use ordinary paper towel as the "filter paper." It could be supported in the gas stream with a section of screen. One should also measure the pressure drop across the filter, to get "real time" indication of when the ash + tar is being captured, and how much the particular filter paper has captured.

Best wishes, Kevin
luk
Site Admin

Beitrag von luk »

Kevin,

Your sugestions are intresting and might worth a try. However I do not think Pascal is seriously considering running his system without filtering, nor I think any woodgasser would risk his good engine on a filterless woodgas system.
With the test described above, Pascal only had not much fear to do this semi destruction test because he knew beforhand how clean his DriZzleR gas was. Almost as clean as charcoalgas.
Indeed, As we said many times, DriZzleR gas resembles much to charcoal gas. Charcoal gassers are known for doing with little to almost none filtering.
On the other hand there is something contradictionary, Charcoal gassers avoid the troubles of extensive filtering but are not afraid of going through the troubles and health isues by the making of charcoal. I realy do not understand the benifit in one trouble avoiding and introducing another.

Luk
Antworten

Zurück zu „Woodgas cleaning/filtering - Holzgas reinigen/filtern“